Friday, January 17, 2014

Student Success Statement: William A. Ward

              Student Success Statement
Adversity causes some men to break—others to break records”
                                    William A. Ward

Reflection: Sometimes there storms occur in our lives, but we have to choose how it will effect us. My grandmother passed away on October 10. Me and my family were devesated, my mother way, my aunts and uncles were, everyone was depressed. I was sad for a really long time. But I didn’t let that storm take me down. My parents didnt let that storm take me down. Just me and my two parents and my sister. It hurt us to know that my grandmother was gone but I learned two three things after she died. First thing I learned was to take advantage of my life now, to love and forgive people. Also to love and cherish my mother as long as she lives. Lastly I learned that my grandmother was in a better place and I shouldn’t worry. I grew stronger since then. No life is perfect, we were not created to have a perfect life because if that’s what we were born for life would be boring. These storms don’t last forever. We need to learn to dance in the rain and stop focusing on the negative parts of the storm. If you just go in that little area of sunshine it will all go away. We choose how we react after it. We get stronger or worse. I broke my own record. I became the young girl my grandmother said I was going to become but never thought I was. Don’t drown in the rain. Adversity wasn’t meant to last a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment