Friday, February 21, 2014

Student Success Statement:Matt Biondi

Student Success Statement
“Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.”
                                   Matt Biondi
   Olympic Gold Medal Winner,
         World Record Holder


Reflection: Taking our time to practice and putting effort in what we want to do is something that will reward us greatly. I’m pretty sure in the beginning Matt didn’t know how to swim that good enough to have a record, but in the end of all his practice and all the effort he put into his swimming, he finally did it. He achieved a record in the Olympics. Sometimes we start off as failures when we try to achieve our dreams and some of us end up giving up because you are so tired of trying. I know things can get tiring but the more you go on and the more you work hard for what you want you can and will get it. I’m a writer and I know I’ m not all that great and yea sometimes I get frustrated but I eventually will get better as the years go by. I just don’t have to give up. What good does giving up bring? It brings nothing but regret in your heart because as you grow up you’re going to be thinking “man I should’ve tried.” Matt worked so hard to have that record and to win. He’s a human being, I’m a human being,  you’re a human being. Why can’t we do that? Practice makes perfect. So instead of complaining about the things we can’t do now do whatever it is you can because that will reward you with something great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment