Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Abraham Lincoln Video

Abraham Lincoln Video
In the video Abraham Lincoln was asked by a man he was traveling with if he wanted some whisky. He denied  it. Then after was asked if he would smoke a ciggarete with him. He denied it again, Two things were thrwon at him, the whiskey, and the cigarrete. But he denied them both becasue he said when he was 9 years old his mother was very ill and she told him she was told by the doctor she would never get better. So she made him promise not to ever use whiskey or tabocco. He promised her and he told them man he was going to keep that promise. I make promises to God, one of my biggest problems is that i eat way to many hot chettohs, they make me very sick and iw as told by the doctor that i had to control it or i was at risk of getting cancer. I was diagnosed with acid reflux disease at a young age because i was eating way to many of thoose chips. I had bad heartburn and felt like throwing up all the time. And i was only in the second grade. Now that i'm older i want to take care of myself so i make a promise to a God and say "i promise i won't eat them for a month." I do it. Sometimes not even a month but 3. I do it not by my own strength but the strength he gives me. When i make a promise like that and i go to the store to go buy some chips or when im offered thoose, i get really tempted. But i don't break the promise becasue i do not want to harm myself and also break a promise with God. Abrham Lincoln got his strength from God, and i believe that. By him we can resist all temptation. Even though sometimes we fall, a promise like that should never be broken. Promises to parents, adults, family, friends, yourself, and to God. Never break a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment