Friday, April 11, 2014

Speech Pathologist

Speech Pathologist
Duties and Responsibilities:
        Speech pathologist assesses, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and also swallowing disorders in patients. Language, speech, and swallowing disorders come from a result of some causes like a stroke, brain injury, and hearing loss. They try and communicate with patients to evaluate their speech levels. They also create and carry out an individualized treatment plan for the patient. The patient gets taught how to make noises and improve their voices.
Salary: $34,750-$73,410
Educational Requirements:
        To become a speech pathologist you must have a master’s degree. Some master’s programs do not specify undergraduate degree for admission but certain courses must be taken before entering the program. It is required to have a master’s degree in order to be licensed.

Reflection: I would like to become one because I have seen some of my friends not have the ability to talk well and I would like to help other people just as much as I help my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment