Friday, March 28, 2014

Recreation Therapist

Recreation Therapist
Duties and Responsibilities:
    They plan, direct, and coordinate reaction-based therapy programs for patients who have disabilities , any injuries, and illnesses. They use a variety of modalities like arts and crafts, drama, music, dance, sports, games, and community field trips to help maintain or improve the patient’s physical, social, or emotional health.
Salary: $42,280- $73,410
Educational Requirements:
      To become a recreation therapist a person must have a bachelor’s degree in recreational therapy or a related field. Some programs include courses in assessment, human anatomy, medical and psychiatric terminology, characteristics of illnesses and disabilities, and the use of assistive devices and technology. A bachelor’s degree program usually include an internship.

Reflection: Yes I would like to become this. I once had a therapist and I enjoyed and appreciated her work. I would someday like to help someone who had the same disorder I had. I am interested in this job 

No comments:

Post a Comment