Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Student Success Statement: Abraham Lincoln

                        Student Success Statement
“Let us have faith that right makes right, and in that faith let us to end dare to do out duty to as we understand it.”
                                        Abraham Lincoln

Reflection: We as a group of people, and by group I do mean the whole world, should have faith that doing the right thing is always going to be right. Suppose your friend robbed a bank and he begs you to not say a word to anyone, you know that in your heart I is the right thing to tell the police. You know it’s right because your friend had no right to take away the money he did not earn but other people worked hard for. You have faith that it’s the right thing to do. I always believed that is you ever felt like something you did made you feel even the slightest guilty its because yea in a way it is wrong. You know sometimes In life we don’t understand why we have to do the right thing. I get it. Why do I have to be nice to the person who called me a name? Why cant I call him something back? Why cant I beat him up like he beat me up? Why? We have to dare and understand it. No matter how confusing or how much it seems stupid, it’s the right thing. You don’t call that person a name because then you will just be putting more fire into the fire. You don’t beat up the person because he beat you up because you will be just like him. You could put him in a hospital. We just have to understand and have faith that everything that is right is right. For a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment